Community

Bayani Brew: Honoring Unsung Heroes

March 9, 2017 7:00 pm by Bettina Bacani

Lemongrass, pandan, and camote – what do these three have in common? These are ingredients that we have long taken for granted; ingredients that are now being used in every bottle of Bayani Brew. Brewed only from all-natural, native ingredients – curiously yummy, ridiculously healthy, and proudly homegrown Bayani Brew […]

socialresponsiblity-thelearninglibrary

The Learning Library: Creating More Reading Time this Summer

March 4, 2017 7:00 pm by Eunice Guzon

Dear Parents, We know that your calendar is almost filled to the brim as the schools where your children are enrolled in are about to wrap up the year. And we all know what comes next… Summer! Some of you may have the luxury of taking your kids to different […]

socialresponsibilit-pairforapair7

Pair for a Pair That Cares

February 24, 2017 7:00 pm by Vicki Abary

More than just making a profit, there are several international companies that also make a difference in this world through their corporate social responsibility. Big businesses that top the list in CSR for 2016 are Google, Microsoft and the Walt Disney Company as compiled in this Forbes report. These companies […]

socialresponsibility-bayanihanplasticbottlelibraryproject8

The Bayanihan Plastic Bottle Library Project: Sharing Environmental Awareness Through Education Advocacy

February 20, 2017 7:00 pm by Marky Ramone Go

To the leading minds behind The Bayanihan Plastic Bottle Library Project, achieving a dual purpose of raising environmental consciousness and advocating book reading just came naturally — same as the birth of an idea, to put the plan into motion in the province of Romblon became a reality. Such is […]

community-jaroprison1

Where the Heart Is: Love in the Jaro Prison

February 16, 2017 7:00 pm by Kritzia Santos

This February at Taste.Company, we are celebrating everything that is true and wonderful about love.  Quite simply, love is what makes the world go round and is at the center and heart of all human existence. The only photo I was able to get before entering the prison. A good set […]

socialresponsibility-hopeforlupus

Hope for Lupus Foundation Celebrates National Lupus Advocacy Week

February 4, 2017 7:00 pm by Gabriella Galvez

It was October 2007 when Diwa Partylist Representative Cong. Emmeline Aglipay-Villar was diagnosed with lupus. “I remember seeing my parents tear-up as the doctor explained what lupus was. Mama asked with a trembling voice, “Doc, will Emmeline die?” I laughed aloud then and said, “Of course, not!”, even though I […]

Restaurants Against Hunger in the Philippines

January 31, 2017 7:00 pm by Bettina Bacani

From November 15, 2016 to January 15, 2017, numerous restaurants in the Philippines joined the fight against child malnutrition through Restaurants Against Hunger. It is an international campaign promoted by Action Against Hunger to “unite chefs, restaurateurs, and foodies all over the world to channel their passion for food into life-saving […]

community-yolandaheroes2

Yolanda and the Heroes it Built

January 27, 2017 7:00 pm by Kritzia Santos

‘A QUESTION OF HEROES’, stated the headline news of Philippine Daily Inquirer last December 2016… Last November 8, 2016 I was in Palo, Leyte when NASSA/Caritas Philippines celebrated  the 3rd Haiyan/Yolanda Commemoration. It was a memorable and special occasion and was held exactly three years after one of the biggest […]

community-parentingfoundation2

The Parenting Foundation of the Philippines Turns 30 This 2017

January 12, 2017 7:00 pm by Kritzia Santos

We were all once a baby and a child, so why not make childhood meaningful and memorable for children that need love and support in their early years? There is a common belief that long-term mental health is directly related to early socio-emotional experiences and the child’s quality of attachment […]

socialresp-kapwakapatid3

Reflections on Being a Kapwa Kapatid

December 24, 2016 8:30 pm by Kritzia Santos

Sharing life’s lessons and inspirations through meaningful experiences with our young brothers and sisters Text by Kritzia Santos | Photos Courtesy of Adrian Sanchez Through the years of working tirelessly and energetically with 2KK, one thing I have learned is that with each volunteer, Kapatid child, scholar, or sponsor, love […]